8000D Mixer/Mill - For 115 V/60 Hz operation.
8000D-230 Mixer/Mill - For 230 V/50 Hz operation, CE Approved.
- Efficient two-clamp laboratory mill for pulverizing hard, brittle samples.
- Also called a shaker mill or high-energy ball mill.
- Sample sizes in the 10 gram range for grinding, and up to 60 mL for blending powders or mixing emulsions.
- Reduces samples to analytical fineness.
- Can be utilized for mechanical alloying and nanomilling.
- Features include a variable-range electronic timer, dual clamps for multiple sample capacity, safety interlock system, and forced-air cooling.
- Timer is factory-set for 100-minute range. Optional chip is available to extend timer range to 1,000 or 10,000 minutes. See page 58 for details.
- For efficiency, clamps are run in balance with the same vial and load in each clamp. 8000D Dual Mixer/Mill SPEX SamplePrep 8000D Dual Mixer/MillŪ
- Accepts grinding/mixing vials from 23/8 in. (6 cm) to 31/8 in. (7.9 cm) in length and up to 21/4 in. (5.7 cm) in diameter.
- The 8010 and 8011 adapters permit processing of multiple samples in 1/2 in. x 1 in. (12.7 mm x 25.4 mm), 1/2 in. x 2 in. (12.7 mm x 50.8 mm), and 3/4 in. x 2 in. (19.1 mm x 50.8 mm) vials.
|Size:||24 in. (61 cm) x 17 in. (43 cm) x 11 in. (28 cm)|
|Net Weight:||82 lb. (37 kg)|
|Gross Weight:||98 lb. (44 kg)|
|Voltage:||115 V/60 Hz or 230 V/50 Hz|
|Motor:||1/3 HP, 1725 RPM @ 60 Hz or 1425 RPM @ 50 Hz|
|Controls:||start and stop buttons, programmable 100-minute timer with digital display.|
|Power Cord:||3-prong grounded plug for 115 V/60 Hz version 2-prong European plug for 230 V/50 Hz version |
|Clamp Movement:||21/3 in. (5.9 cm) back-and-forth, 1 in. ( 2.5 cm) side-to-side|
|Clamp speed in complete backand-forth cycles per minute:||1060 (115 V/60 Hz) or 875 (230 V/50 Hz)||